- Been infected with hepatitis C? Warn all your sex partners of the last six months so that they too can get tested. Sometimes the period of warning is shorter or longer.
- Warn them as soon as you learn you have the virus.
- It is in your interest to warn your sex partners. It reduces the risk of getting the virus again after you’ve been cured from hepatitis C.
- Talk to the health professional that gave you the results about how to warn your sex partners. You can warn them anonymously, if you prefer.
- Did you visit sex parties recently? Then make sure you have the host’s contact details.